Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Vacaction!
WOOT!

We are on VACATION!!

After reading every single website detailing every road we may or may not take (blizzards and all), we finally figured out the right path, dropped off the kid at the sitter's, and took off for our retreat. We stopped in a small town for coffee, and because of my lame ass cold, I can't taste anything. According to HDHusband, I didn't miss much. According to him, it was, "Warm milk with no taste of coffee in it. How fucking hard is it? Apparently hard, 'cause that shit was NASTY". Coffee snobs ... ha.

On our honeymoon, HDH loaded up the CD Player with all the music HE loved. I got stuck listening to shit I didn't even remotely like. This time, he hooked us up with some great traveling tunes. Marc Cohn, Springsteen, and Paul Oakenfold. Trouble is, the latter came on when I was starting to get really tired on our 5.5 hour drive, so we had to switch it --- Def Leppard. ROCK ON!

We are here celebrating our fifth anniversary, same place we stayed for our honeymoon. It's been pretty cool coming back to same place we came after our wedding. The resident dog is gone, but they've inherited a peacock. Apparently a very friendly (and certainly beautiful) one. It's name is George. :) I'll sneak a photo later ...

We went to dinner last night at a great place. But because of my LAME cold and the no taste/smell thing, I gave him a bite of my pistachio crusted chicken filled with goat cheese and spinach. It seemed like it was good, but I couldn't tell. He ate the rest. He said he needed, "a moment with the chicken, please. Just some alone time . ..". We killed a bottle of wine, and I took on a chocolate martini for dessert - and came home. It was 4 degrees here last night. Um, brrr!

And this morning - had a great breakfast here with the other guests (beings it's a bed and breakfast and all). Conversations at these places are always fascinating. This morning's topic was genealogy (as one guest had been stuck in Salt Lake City for 24 hours yesterday, hit up the Genealogy museum) which brought out the LDS church and why they keep tabs on everyone who isn't LDS, to arranged marriages and rich kids in the Hamptons.

We came back to the room and went back to sleep. And let me tell you, that alone is the VERY BEST THING EVER for me. I crawled back into bed and we slept for almost three hours. We'll rally soon enough and hit lunch somewhere in town, and have a good dinner again tonight. (one I won't be able to taste, of course).

Oh, and we have a fireplace and a jacuzzi in the room .... and the floors are heated. Which is really handy when it's 4 fucking degrees outside.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
11 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day