Saturday, December 24, 2005
Christmas Eve
I managed not to eat yesterday. I was running around like a crazy woman and didn't eat like I should have (or at all, quite possibly). So, by 7:00 pm (in time for the caroling party next door - woo woo), I had a raging headache and was turning into the Grinch. It was a dessert/caroling party; I had a glass of wine, continued to scowl, got yelled at for touching the red balls hanging from the ceiling ("Do not touch them EVER AGAIN!"), we decided we go home and actually have dinner.

HDH is an excellent cook. He made a great arugala and endive salad with carmelized walnuts and pears, as well as a steak with "spicy seasoning". By the time he sat down to eat his salad, mine was gone. I moved on to the baguette, then to the steak. I believe HDH was still on the salad.

I noted that my headache was gone. He noted that had this been the first date, there likely wouldn't have been a second (actually, I said that - he just stared at me in awe). I hadn't eaten that much or that fast or with this much gusto since carrying around a 9 lb child in my tummy.

I'd also like to point out that we've opened 'some' presents tonight. HDToddler wouldn't open a thing, stood in the corner and screamed. Once we coaxed him out with a gift from my grandma (a great "choo-choo" with lots of noises), HDT decided it was okay after all. After we made only a dent in the gifts, HDT slipped out of HDH's lap and hit the marble end table.

Marble End Table: 1
HDT: 0

HDT is now walking around, pointing to his bloodied lip saying, "No. BOO-BOO!" The kid can garner symapthy, what can I say.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
2 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day