Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Piss, Pissy, Pissed Off
The aftermath is not good.

First, we had the accidental coffee spill on the stairs (which, for the record, was understandable - except the part when no one cleaned it up and it set in the carpet for hours).

Today, they leave.

I go into the guest bedroom upstairs where my one girlfriend, CoffeeSpiller, was staying with the terriers. I think there were three up there, I can't be sure. Regardless, my only requirement of them was that the animals be put in the crates. Let them run and do their business outside, but crate them in the room - PLEASE.

Apparently, they weren't crated ... and I have about 10 pee stains from little doggie urinary tracts all over the carpet.

I truly just sat down and cried.

I take issue with this on SO MANY LEVELS. The one that really chaps me (other than the obvious) is this attitude of about everyone that because you stay home, "oh, HDW will just take care of it". I realize some people don't think my job is a job. I got railed on another board once by a schmuck to said, "You wipe noses and crumbs and watched Spongebob. You don't have a job, you are a lazy woman".

I work HARD to keep this house looking semi-decent. We have a 23-month-old child, so keeping it pristine is just not an option. I do, however, take great pride in keeping my guest room beautiful. I take pride in making sure my home is warm and inviting.

I take issue with the people who take advantage and don't respect what is ours.

Needless to say, next year, we will not be so generous in offering our home to friends for the dog show. As HDH said, "They can get a motel or stay with someone else - I'm through with this" - and I agree.

So ... if anyone knows of a magic cure of an inordinate amount of piss stains, I'm open to suggestions.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
6 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day