Two rounds of shitty mornings here in HDW Land. I promised HDH I wouldn't go into yesterday's bad morning, as he believes he'd get dogpiled by the e-blogging-faithful. So, I'll just tell you about this morning's massacre:
We (meaning: me) have friends in for the dog show this weekend. They have stayed at our house every year for the past three or four. They bring a slew of dogs (this year, Pomeranians, Toy Fox Terriers, Labs, one Great Pyr, one Basenji). Some stay inside, crated, and the big guys are okay out in the van overnight.
Neither here nor there.
This morning, I get up after they have left, and after HDHusband has left. As HDToddler and I begin our morning decent down the stairs, I see something.
It looks like the Coffee Gods shit all over my stairs.
Apparently, in the stumbling morning confusion, one of my girlfriend's stumbled on a step and spilled two cups of coffee all over the (white carpeted) stairs. And not just a little on a step. She covered six steps, and then dropped a bit into the stairs that go to the down-downstairs (covering 5 there). Coffee on the white boards, on the hardwood floors, dripping down the walls, onto my dining room chairs that are, well, the nicest thing I own.
(note: If HDToddler says, "What the fuck!" today at the babysitter's, I will not be surprised - as this was what I said - loudly - at 7:30 this morning)
Accidents happen --- absolutely. My friends (and likely, husband, too) will tell you I am certainly easy going and not really keyed up about this sort of stuff. I would have been happy to have spot treated it ....
But my issue?
Not a single soul grabbed a paper towel or an old towel and dabbed up what they could. It SET in the carpet for a good two hours. By the time I got to it, it was crusty and smelled like what I'd imagine the floor at Starbuck's smells like after a long day.
I took my son to the babysitter's, still fuming, wondering how in the HELL I'd get those stains out. Resolve has never really done much for me, and I didn't care of the OxyClean stuff either.
My son's daycare person suggested Folex. I stopped by King Sooper's on the way home and bought two bottles.
People, buy this stuff!! If you have stains, this is what you want. One spray, a little rubbing with your fingers, a cloth to wipe it out, and your spot is GONE. My silver lining in this fucked up morning is finding this little unknown bottle of goodness on the bottom shelf.
My one girlfriend did call and apologize. Now, I have to decide if I really want to get in the shower, go out to the dog show grounds, so I can hold dogs and be seething pissed out there. It's a balmy 9 degrees, too.
Um ... maybe I'll just stay in and DRINK!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies
I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.
Delve deeper...
Click here for more!
Location: The Rockies
I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.
Delve deeper...
Click here for more!
Conversation with HDH
Happy Valentine's Day!
For Fyrchk (who says she never gets anything ...)
PMS
Beans
Over The Moon
The Banditos
You can pick your nose ...
Your Hair Should Be WhiteClassy, stylish, and eloq...
Wanting Memories
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
A Day In the Life
A Likely Story
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Almost Infamous
Amusement From Above
Captain and Coke with a Lime
Cliz Biz
Confessions of a Geeky Blogger
Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Crazy Mexican Girl
Crisis Intervention Summit
Dirk Mancuso
Elle the Pirate
Fang's Forum
Footprints On The Ceiling
For The Birds
Fresh Air Lover
Funky Brown Chick
Giant Walrus Noises
Hack City
I Am Emily xIt's Still All About Me
Joy Unexpected
Kav's Blog
Maigh.com
Margaritaville
not THAT different
Portland Ground
Post Secret
qPlog
Rosalicious
Shmeder
Spicy Cauldron
Stiletto
Squirrel, Please!
The Knicker Report
These Crazy Times
The Web Pen Blog
Welcome to Shonda-Land
Whatchu Tawkin Bout
Zube
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Bad Day


