Monday, February 06, 2006
Wanting Memories
In memory of my dad, who died way too early at the age of 49 ... 11 years ago today
10.7.1945-2.7.1995



Yes, a 'night' early, but I figured I might not be around on the computer much in the a.m. I tend to just sit and think about this amazing man. I was so lucky to have him, and I miss him very, very much.

But by far, the very best gift I got this year for my birthday were four original photos of my dad (fourth grade to college). I opened up this card from my grandmother and cried and cried.

I know I am who I am today because of my dad's influence in my life. I know I am who I am because of the person I had to become because of his death. I had to take care of my mom and my baby brother. I had to grow up and get on with life.

I wish he were here, and I wish I could tell him all the great things happening in my life.

I believe, though, he is here ...
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
3 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day