Monday, July 10, 2006
How Could I Forget?
Months ago, I signed up for Myspace - simply because Dark Damian said I should ... peer pressure, and all. And despite all the "That's only for teenagers". Blah blah. I'm not on there to pimp my hot ass, so no worries. Instead, I managed to find a few high school classmates and a girl I taught piano lessons to, who is now married. Feeling old, party of one.

Regardless, I had this email two nights ago that said, "CollegeFriend wants to be your friend on MySpace".

WOW. Holy crap. Could it be? I hadn't thought of her in over ten years!

My second semester of my first year of college, my dad died. Quite suddenly. Jolted from this fun, let's go party at the lake life to, well, the real world. One friend on my floor said she remembered waking up at 7:00 a.m. to me screaming and then hearing a giant thud on the floor of my RA's office. Passing out will do that to you.

I left college and eventually, lost touch with a lot of these people. Lost a lot of photos in moves and in turn, a lot of the memories.

Now, I had this name and face and the memories started to come back in full force. I could see so much in my mind's eye, remember more of the campus, the smell of the dorm, and the girls on my floor.

Tonight, she sent me an email and it said, "Remember that night that I went crazy on all of the "boyworld" girls in my drunken stupor? GuyFriend had to drag me down the hall while calling them all bitches. Horrible, horrible night. That was the same night you, me and C went all over town taking crazy pictures and rearranging the letters on the CollegeTown sign. I have tons of pictures to prove it!! "

Yes, I remember the Boyworld bit. God, they were obnoxious. I'm not sure what the hell they were about, but they were peppy, happy, chipper and downright way too positive on life. I think someone put "I Heart Boyworld!" on their door sign to signal their new 'crush'.

But the rearranging sign bit?? WHAT?? I did that?? Yup. Probably so. I can vaguely remember making trouble in a little liberal arts college in a dry county. Sounds right up my alley. I have asked her if and when she finds time, to send me some copies of those photos.

I am so happy to be reconnected to her. I felt I was there for such a short time, such a blip on the radar screen, I wasn't sure anyone really remembered me anymore. It was like a really sad movie. The last scene, me driving off in the back seat of my aunt's car, saying a helluva goodbye to my college and what was, in turn, my youth. And to have a chance to revisit that - well, it just means a lot to me.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
6 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day