Friday, November 24, 2006
Second Phase of Trip (or "We're Still Surviving")
And ... we left off with HDHusband heading to the rental car place to get a replacement vehicle. He said the easiest part was getting a car, the hardest part was finding a gas station. After driving around forever, he finally did land one and got back to the hotel, in the pouring rain.

GOD, I LOVE THIS RAIN!!

Thanksgiving, we had lunch at HDH's dad and stepmom's house. HDH is seriously allergic to cats. After he sneezed 4,000 times and his eyes started to swell shut, we came back to the hotel. And somewhere in the there, our son didn't really nap. He fell asleep at all the wrong times (ie: CAR). By the time we would get where we were going, he had a power nap and was fired up again. So, we were dying for the over load of turkey consumption, and HDToddler was ready for battle. He had also refused to eat anything during dinner (too much cat chasing and kid playing). About an hour into his 'night-night', he woke up telling me his tummy was 'talking' and he wanted it to 'shush'.

Today, HDHusband met his college buddies at 6:30 a.m. and headed down to the Oregon State/U of O game. Where it rained. And downpoured. All day long. When we talked to him tonight after OSU's win (go beav's!), he stated the game was great except for when Noah's Ark went by. And something about his buddy's friend ending up in the ER. Something about drinking too much and the cops making the guy go. They were on their way to get him. Doesn't sound promising.

I dropped HDT off with grandma and headed to a party at my sister-in-law's house. They had rented out a tent that covered up the driveway, a fire pit, and an incredible spread of food. MY GOD. I ate myself silly. I believe that I made up for the second's I didn't take yesterday. Lordy. Also, a fun group of people. I knew three out of the 50 there, and they made it easy to make friends, if you will.

So, now we're back to the hotel room, waiting word on Daddy and the trouble his friend's friend is in. He'll probably be really happy to get into a warm room and change clothes, I'd guess.

We just finished watching Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (see, Howard - it's not all that bad!). I bought a bottle of wine just because I liked the name of it.

Hope everyone has had a safe holiday weekend thus far!!
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
4 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day