
HDH and I had a great time in Vegas, stayed at this swanky joint, hence the photo above.
Although, I must say, after about two nights, I'm done with Vegas. I don't gamble, so after you've seen the shows you wanted to see and shopped where you've wanted to shop, you are out of options.
Except you can lay out by the pool. Which I did, albeit unwillingly. I've never ever liked laying out by the pool. The weather cooperated with us one day while there, so we (read: my husband) took advantage of it, grabbed our swimsuits and headed down. And instead of enjoying the sun and the drinks, we were bombarded with cigar smoke from this old geezer next to us.
On the flight out, I sat next to a guy who looked like he very well fell out of a 8o's cover band. After talking to him a bit, turns out, he was in one. The name of the band? Stabbing Cats. Awesome. He said to me, "I bet I don't have to tell you what that name means!!". We had a great discussion about big hair bands and metal. He firmly believes the downfall of rock was Nirvana and hates that group with a passion. He also had some pretty cool stories about Vince Neil.
While in Vegas, we saw two shows: Mystere and Monty Python's Spamalot (with John O'Hurley of Seinfeld/Dancing With the Stars fame) - and both of these I'd highly recommend. I'd also high recommend NOT drinking a big glass of wine before Mystere. Otherwise, you'll have to get up and pee half-way through the show (here's to tiny bladders!).
HDHusband made off like a bandit with some new clothes. While he shopped, I watched a throng of Japanese tourists bumping into each other, taking pictures of ... well, I'm not sure what. But one took out the camera to take a picture of whatever-it-was, and the rest followed. It was amazing, really.
I also saw a black lady who must have weighed about 400 lbs in skin tight WHITE capri pants. You could see ass dimples and probably a few other things if you looked any closer. It was the most remarkable thing I think I saw on the entire trip. Part of me thought, "Jesus, you'd think someone would tell her 'That just isn't flattering on you'" - and the other part thought, "Well, hell, why not."
On the last evening, we had dinner at the Bellagio, rubbed elbows with the World Series of Poker guys, and some dude pinched my ass at the bar. I believe the line that followed was, "So, is turnabout fair play?". His Plastic Wife didn't like that idea much.
While at dinner, we had this dessert - three scoops of gelato in this fancy ice sculpture:

Kind of looks a wee bit like a tilted uterus.
Regardless, had a great time and am really and truly happy to be home.
Labels: city of lost wages, recap with photos

Vegas, In Review



