Thursday, July 14, 2005
The Other 50 Things I Couldn't Think of Last Night
51. My son fell tonight and hit his head on the cement. Hard. Hit his head and nose. (and all I could think of my was broken nose as a child - lovely)
52. I saw Coke rust a nail once in the sixth grade and haven't had it since.
53. I have a very cool aunt that lives in Texas.
54. I like Tori Amos' early music.
55. I've climbed a 14'er.
56. I hated climbing the 14'er.
57. When we were descending the mountain, my friend said, "I want to see my car so badly I swear I'd sleep with it when I see it". This still makes me laugh.
58. I went sea kayaking once and managed to hit my husband in the face with the paddle.
59. This dissolved me into a fit of laughter and he whined like a baby.
60. I loved being a nanny.
61. I wasn't allowed to watch Doogie Howser, MD. My mom said it was "the decline of children's television".
62. I only wear thong underwear.
63. Most of my girlfriends are pregnant right now.
64. One delivered a month or so early - on July 4th.
65. I'm bored with my book selection right now.
66. I didn't like The Lovely Bones. I'm not sure why.
67. I loved Middlesex.
68. My friend in high school was run over by a tractor, got pretty mangled and lived to tell about it. Only to have her house taken by a tornado that summer, and then her car blew up the year following. Amazing.
69. I have a scar on my left foot from running in my yard two years ago after my nephew, and running straight into a rusted tree post.
70. I could see my toe guts, drove myself to the ER. Ick.
71. My brother was awarded the Citizen Valor award for trying to save my dad's life. I think he's forgotten about this. He shouldn't.
72. My favorite pet was Max, our Boston Terrier.
73. He died on 9/10.
74. I woke up the next morning to 9/11, and it was put very abruptly back into place.
75. Kevin Costner is a distant relative.
76. There's a coyote patrols our street on Trash Day.
77. There are also a lot of pudder-tat's missing from our neighborhood.
78. My brother ended up in the ER once from peeing on an electric fence.
79. My friend is visiting Pakistan right now. And I didn't know if she was on the train that crashed yesterday --- she's not --- . I didn't know that until today and I was sick until I found out.
80. I love pasta.
81. I think there's a ghost that lives in my upstairs bathroom. I call her "Bathtub Betty".
82. I'm worried I won't get past 82 on this list.
83. I've been to Mexico, but no where really cool. Only Juarez. Boo.
84. While on the tour bus coming across to the US, I saw a guy jump the fence.
85. I hate that people only associate people in Colorado with skiing.
86. I've been on a cattle drive.
87. I saved a cow from slaughter once. Named her Lucy. (it was a 'he', and my dad sent 'her' off to slaughter the next day)
88. I was stuck in a pasture for hours once in a stand-off with a rattlesnake.
89. When my dad saw me there, he came down in the 4-Wheeler with a shovel and chopped it up.
90. I had a bull snake fall from the rafter of a barn once. On my shoulder.
91. My friend had a snake named Santana.
92. He brought out the skin it shed once and said "Don't EVER sunburn ... your penis". This still cracks me up.
93. If I could go anywhere, I'd go to the south and visit Charleston.
94. This was the year I graduated from high school.
95. I graduated with most of the kids I started school with.
96. I sung the National Anthem at all of our ball games.
97. Once, there was a very sweet guy who wrote me one of the nicest letters in the entire world. I married him.
98. I love to go on long car rides by myself.
99. My first kiss was on the Rock-O-Plane, right after we were barfed on by the guy about us. Not so romantic, that one.
and ...........
100. I hope the next 100 are a LOT more interesting than the first.

Boo.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
0 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day