Tuesday, October 18, 2005
My Cousin
I was talking with my cousin last night on the phone. It always starts out as a "real quick" call, but we end up on the phone well over an hour, laughing hysterically. She is my age, used to live right down the dirt road from me while we were growing up.

The Baby and I are headed to visit her in Texas this weekend. Her baby is turning two and insisted that My Baby be there for her party. (When asked if she really knew where he lived, she said: Yes, Momma. HIS HOUSE!!) We are going to stay with the whole fam-damily ... my aunt, my other cousin and her daughter, and my cousin's family. It will be nothing short of funny.

ANYWAY ...

We ended up on the subject of "getting our first period" stories. Riveting, I know. I told her I didn't care one way the other when I got the actual thing; I was mostly concerned that I had to go back out and finish mowing the lawn.

After she got hers, she was sleeping in the bottom bunk, and her siblings were up top. They waited until she started to fall asleep, leaned over and yelled, "PERIOD MAKER!! PERIOD MAKER!!"

I was crying laughing last night.

This is why I couldn't fall asleep. I would think of this and laugh all over again. It wasn't so funny with HDH had to get up this morning at 5:00. I didn't go back to sleep so well after that. Eh.

Regardless, kids can be cruel. But God, it's funny now ...
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
2 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day