Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Gifts
Every year, HDH's sister outdoes herself on the Christmas Cheer. While everyone else sort of does Christmas in moderation(-ish), she takes it to a whole other level. Other than their house outdoing Clark Griswold's by about one million times over, she is a serious shop-a-holic. We send off a few gifts for everyone; she sends a box fit to fit a Kenmore Washer in full of presents, jam packed in.

When HDH and I started dating, she asked me what I collected. I made the (very bad) mistake of mentioning I collected angels way back when (like 10 plus years ago, but didn't have any recent additions). So, now instead of shit I could use (new perfume, a scarf, a nice bracelet, books!), I get angels. This year, I got five more Christmas angels, an angel pin, a snowman angel, more angel ornaments. I got nothing but - angels.

As annoying as the Onslaught o'Angels are (and I will be telling her I want something else from now on), HDH gets the raw end of the deal. This ornament (of '03) combines both of the biggest deals in HDH's life: work (doctor) and his fish tank. Observe.



Although, I'm quite sure nothing the world will ever top the FishDoctor ornament, this year he did get something else 'special'. And by special, I mean (and I quote HDH here): "Oh look. It says Made in China. So it's crap. And look, it's from my sister. So, by definition, SHIT!"

I give you the fish salt and pepper shakers, sure NOT to be on our table anytime soon. EBAY, anyone?



One other notable quotes from the gift giving experience:

HDH to me, regarding my wrapping skills: "Is this from you? ..... Yup. It must be. It's not wrapped nice." (told you!)
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
17 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day