Once HDH showed up, we bid on 'the wagons' - each filled to the top with some pretty cool stuff. We bid on two, didn't hear if we'd won one way or the other, came home. We ended up winning BOTH.
The first one was the "surpise wagon" which pretty much means (after dissecting it all yesterday afternoon) that it's a bunch of crap people had at their house and didn't want anymore. (olive flavored GIN, anyone?)
Now, thhe second wagon I went to pick up today would be completely up my alley. It's all COFFEE. HELL YES!! I love my coffee. New coffee press, new kinds of coffee, coffee gift cards, coffee mugs, you name it and it's in that wagon. I'll expect you all at my house in the morning for a sampling.
(Oh, and anyone need a red wagon? I'm using one to put some flower pots in ....)
Before I forget, here's my story about my how my angels were certainly looking out for me yesterday:
I went to the store yesterday, leaving behind HDHusband and HDToddler (almost took HDT, thank GOD I didn't). And as I coming home, driving down the street, listening to KBCO on a brilliant Sunday morning and approaching MY green light, I see this woman in red Jetta. She is in the turn lane facing me, attempting to turn left DIRECTLY in front of me.
I think to myself, "She's not really going to GO, is she?" and hell, if that yip-yaw didn't answer the question for me.
She gunned it just as I was approaching MY GREEN LIGHT. Jesus, no sign of, "Might turn yellow" or anything. It was my right-of-way, and her yield. No other cars behind me. She had time to WAIT. She decided we'd race, I guess.
I hit my brakes hard (shit went flying in my car) and skidded into the other lane ... which wasn't good, because I could have easily hit someone had they been next to me.
When I looked out my window, our bumpers were inches apart. Had I not been on the dime, she would have t-boned me and this blog would have been awfully quiet for a while!!
I laid on the horn, flipped her off, and called a few things. I drove off shaking. And what was she doing, when she about collided with me? TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE.
What the fuck???
And really, where did she have to be that was THAT important?
Conversely, had I had my son in the car at the time (which I didn't, thank you GOD) and had we still had this better ending, I would have followed her until she pulled over, pointed out this little person I had and told her how stupid it was that she was driving like a damned idiot.
My life, and more importantly, my CHILD'S life are leagues more important than that phone call, and CERTAINLY are more important than that Mario Andretti manuever she pulled in the intersection.
I hope she hung up and decided not to be the badass anymore.
Labels: coffee, hang up and drive already, red wagon, The School

Wagons and Cars



