Me: My side hurts.
Him: Oh.
Me: No, really! It feels like someone took a baseball bat and hit me in the left side. It burns, too.
Him: Oh.
(a few hours later)
Me: LOOK AT MY STOMACH!
Him: Oh man.
Me: What! What's wrong with me? Why do I have all these red bumps on my stomach??
Him:
Me: WHAT THE FUCK IS HERPES ZOSTER?? USE PATIENT WORDS, DAMMIT!
Him: Shingles. You have shingles. I need to go wash my hands now. Gross.
So, I went to the doctor yesterday (you know, the one that doesn't say "Gross") and confirmed that I do, in fact, have shingles. Apparently, it's mainly meant for the older crowd, those with some sort of disease that drops their immune system, etc. I'm not qualifying for any of the above.
Doctor says I have about six weeks of pain. Offered me pain meds, but I declined. I don't hurt to the point of taking those yet ... yet. Hopefully, I'll have the mild version and be on my merry way.
Anybody have these or have any advice?
PS It isn't contagious. Unless of course, you haven't had Chicken Pox. And then, it is. Same virus.

Ouch



