Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Patience
This morning, I went to the local grocery store. I stocked up my cart, went to the check out line, and noticed everyone was shifting over to #4, but line 3 was wiiiiiiiiiiiiide open, except for an older woman finishing paying.

And then I see the sign:

"Hi, my name is Heather. I am new, and I use sign language to communicate. If you have any major questions, please write them down and I will answer them for you. Thank you for your patience."


Ahhh. So no one wanted to deal with someone who was deaf? No one wanted to take the extra time for someone to learn their job? This wasn't a life or death situation. None of us needed the cure for cancer explained to us - we just needed someone to scan our tomatoes and smile. JEEEZUS PEOPLE!!!

She smiled at me when I got up, waved to me, and started checking out my groceries. She had to look up jimaca and the peppers I bought ... so what!! She was sweet, pleasant, asked her supervisor questions, pointed to the screen to make sure I agreed with what she scanned, all relatively painless.

So, fuck you too-stuck-up-busy-fucking-people who went into the other line. I hope someone is less PATIENT with you sometime soon.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
0 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day