Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Polysomethingorother
My grandma is a hoot. Since I can remember, she has always messed up words. Always. It used to piss my grandpa off. Of course, it completely endeared her to the rest of us.

A few of her earlier hits have been:

"HDW, when are you going to get one of them BIN-EE-KEES?" (bikinis)

While driving through downtown: "Oh, HDW. Tsk, tsk! Would you look at at all the GRAPHITE!?" (graffiti)

Talked to her earlier this evening, and she didn't let me down:

Grandma: I told them (the window people) that I wanted the stained glass window fixed.

Me: What's wrong with it?

Grandma: Oh, I see cracks in it, and I told them, "You come out and fix my window!". I've had to put TRASHBAGS over it - it's just a damn mess. So I tell them (insert long drag of a Winston cigarette here), "Look! Put some of that ... oh, what's it called ... put that POLYGRAPH over it and it'll be just fine!".

Me: You mean polyurethane?

Grandma: (another pause) Yeah, that. No wonder they didn't know what I was talking about. I didn't know either.

Me: Yeah, no wonder.

Close, but not really.

Labels:

Episode recounted by hotdrwife
10 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day