Wednesday, October 03, 2007
I'm Falling Apart
Eh.

Let's see:

The Illness That My Child Brought Home From School has made its way from Bug, to Mommy, and I think it just now hitting Daddy. He was complaining of not feeling that well last night. Yeah, it sucks and mightily so.

One of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, and it's very much freaked me out. That diagnosis is on the heels of another friend having trouble, and all signs lead to the same disease my mother-in-law died from many years ago. So, I'm scared and bummed.

In stupid news, I noticed a cut on my hand last week. Just a small paper cut type thing, and totally insignificant. Last Saturday, it had morphed into this gray bubble taking over most of my finger and knuckle. I did a little surgery on myself and drained that bad boy (yummy). But it WOULD NOT go away. So, I spent yesterday at the doctor's office determining if the infection had spread to my joint or not. My husband says I need to see the hand specialist. I say the antibiotics I got yesterday will help. You know, cause I have an MD behind my name and all.

I also had an EMG test done on Monday to check for carpal tunnel. I've been having this awful burning feeling in my fingers, mostly towards the end of the day. Almost always in first three fingers on each hand. All classic signs of carpal. Do I have it? No. And the guy said, "You have signs of carpal, but you don't have carpal". Um, gee. Thanks. HUH? But the test itself? It didn't hurt as bad as I'd imagined. Probably hurts worse for those with the actual syndrome, not just "signs". Meh.

Oh, and there have been a rash of break-in attempts in our neighborhood the last few weeks. The Idiots are throwing in rocks to break the window, but when the alarm goes off, they run away. While my husband was out of town this past weekend, I had my alarm set during the day. I'm not taking any chances, right? My kid and I are standing in the kitchen, debating what to do for lunch, and the alarm goes off. The company calls to ask if things are alright because they registered a 'glass break in the basement'. OH HELL NO!! Before, I had post-parturm rage fueling the encounter with the last burglar. What did I have this time? A panic attack. I had a three-year-old who was crying and me who felt like it, too. Turns out, false alarm. I have NO IDEA what caused it to go off, but all windows were fine.

It's been a strange week. And it's only ... Wednesday.

Labels:

Episode recounted by hotdrwife
7 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day