Friday, April 07, 2006
Melted Mommy Heart
The other night, HDHusband, HDToddler and I were in HDT's room, messing around. HDT was in his crib, and HDH was throwing stuffed animals at his head.

Odd sounding, I know (and I um, actually 'invented' this game with him months ago - who knew) ... but they were having a grand time. Laughing, squealing, throwing the Bob the Builder doll at each other. Everyone was having fun until Daddy decided to go all nuts at toss it at Mommy's head. Daddy threw it at such force, Mommy's head whipped back. It actually hurt.

So, I pretended to get upset about it. Fake sobbing, fake crying, "boo-hoo Mommy".

That was until my poor son demanded he get out of the crib ("No, mommy. Nooooooooo!"), giving Daddy the ol' STINK EYE, and put his head on my shoulder all lovey-dovey.

He then grabs my face with his two hands, squares me away, gets an inch from my face and says, "HAPPPPEEEEEE? HAPPEEEEEEEEE?"

Just melted my heart. I have no idea where he picked up "Happy", but he did. Mommy needed to be "happeee" and she was.

It's truly those little moments you live for as a mom.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
7 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day