Thursday, October 19, 2006
Love Thursday - with a little help from Grandma ...

And not just ANY Grandma!

This would be The Grandma that sent me this jacket to wear (she wore it in the 90's, she said, but she swore it was something I had said I wanted. Probably to be nice, but who cares, right?).

She is my Love Thursday.

She is a kick in the pants.

I was speaking with her last night on the phone about all sorts of things, and thought, "You know, I should ask her if she has any advice to give - anything sage wisdom to pass along". She's fast approaching 80 and full of piss and vinegar.

People, this is honestly what she said:


"I'd tell you to either SHOW'EM or BLOW'EM! That's important."

Seriously.

That was her advice.

Someday you'll thank me for these life-changing words from my grandma.

Her other pearl of wisdom (when told by me that she didn't give herself enough 'credit' with things) was: "HDW, I am only a step away from ignorance!"

Classic Grandma.

She makes me laugh. She pisses me off. She taught me to flip the bird and has the best one-liner's of anyone I know.

About The Photo: My Grandma with my mom, circa 1947. They lived on a farm, no running water and used an outhouse. She was still rockin' it then. She'd hate, too, that I used this photo.

So, if you care to see her 'real time', click here and you'll be whisked away to see my grandma. They owned a gift gallery in Texas. That's my grandma and grandpa, me and a guy representing Lladro.

Handsy guy, that one.

Episode recounted by hotdrwife
14 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day