Wednesday, August 30, 2006
50's Bullshit, INDEED!

Laurie, I believe, had this originally posted on her blog. And because I am such a good friend, I'm pilfering it and posting it for you all.

Why?

BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!

Yesterday was by far one of the longest days of my life. I cleaned things up. My son dumped bowls of food out and I cleaned them up again. I said, "Don't touch!" and "No thank you!" and "Stop hitting!" and "Be a good boy!" more times than I could count. I also said, "You are most certainly going up for adoption" and "Stop taking your pants off! We're in public!!" --- twice.

I thought back to my life a few years back. I got up every morning, got dressed up, went to work, got paid for it, came home, had a glass of wine, went out with friends, sometimes just stayed in and read a book, and went back to bed. It's not to say I didn't deal with bitchy c0-worker's (why! why are all the women the cattiest and nastiest?) and stupid people. But, at 5:00, they weren't my problem anymore and I wasn't theirs.

It's not to say I'm not extremely lucky to be able to stay home with my son. I know a lot of people who have to work and would much rather be home full-time. It isn't what it appears to be. You don't sit around all day eating bon-bon's, watching Spongebob and painting your nails. My brain, people, is going straight to fucking MUSH. I read intelligent books. I spend hours reading The Atlantic Monthly and The Smithsonian magazine, and I listen to NPR. I am trying.

I am in a rut.

I am BORED to tears right now.

I get up and do the same damn thing over and over and over again. I clean the same room. I pick up the same toys. I cleaned up the same space so many times yesterday, I finally gave up. My husband came home and probably thought it hadn't been touched all day. I was over it. I'm over cleaning up things and no one cleaning up after themselves.

I'm also thinking back to a conversation I had with my husband a few months ago. I told him I was bored. He told me on the day's off from The Bug, I should go to a book reading or take a Spanish class. Find something I was interested in.

But here's the kicker: on the "day's off" from my kid? I'm cleaning up what I didn't get to do the day before when he was with me. It's a never ending cycle of bullshit and I'm over it.

I'm in a bad fucking mood.

And I'm open to suggestions. I feel like I can't think of one thing that I SHOULD be interested in. I don't really want to sell anything from home, but I've got to do SOMETHING.

Bueller? Bueller?

Help.
Episode recounted by hotdrwife
20 of you told me what you really thought!

Name: Hot Dr's Wife!
Location: The Rockies

I am the wife of a surgeon, a mother of a three-year-old son, a sister to a redneck brother, the daughter of a dad I miss daily. Colorado native, raised on a ranch, been on a cattle drive and driven many combines. I am always barefoot, I love my friends, and I insist Happy Hour start at 5:00 pm and not a minute later.

Delve deeper...
Click here for more!


Other things you want to share?
Put them in an e-mail and send them here

Design By:








Personal Blog Top Sites
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hotdoctorwife. Make your own badge here.
Self-Portrait Day